Thursday, October 20, 2011

Seashell Eyes (10/20)


Riddle me this: why did I bother to put a date in the title? 


This blog is a very hapless rip-off of a dear friend's writing blog, but I went ahead and made it so we could match and be cute that way. This friend can be found at thenikkimcguiremovement.com


You can already see how much I've cheated off of her idea by comparing our URLs. I might as well have just called mine the Vivian Beltran movement.


And that's another thing: my URL seems quite odd, obscure, or trying too hard. There is an explanation, however. Upon recent research (AKA Google), I discovered that my surname roughly translated to "bright/famous raven" which sounds pretty wicked. Don't even lie to yourself - you wish your surname was hot like mine.


All the aforementioned trivial matters aside, I do want to take this blog seriously. After all, I am quite serious about my career as an author.


What I'll be updating this blog with is still up in the air, but I think it's safe to say you may find some poetry, analytical reflections on mundane experiences, and progress reports on major projects. However, chances are I will not be posting any actual major prose works on this blog. It's incredibly easy to plagiarize other people's work when the Internet is at your disposal, but when I do begin to have my pieces published I will be offering the names of whatever publishing resource has taken on the ordeal of working with me.


Also, I'm really into classic rock, so I might be posting songs or lyrics or maybe even pictures every now and again.


My profile photo is a silhouette that doesn't show my face; I must mean business.


I end with a quote by a man who, in my opinion, should not have been played by Timothy Spall in The King's Speech.


Continuous effort - not strength or intelligence - is the key to unlocking our potential. 
- Winston Churchill 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

And then take to the road Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger