Wednesday, November 23, 2011

By RKO


Send me home and bring down the skies. If I can remember the words I wrote yesterday, maybe I’ll feel fine. If you pay me any mind, I’ll start to lose mine. I wish I’d been a lyricist so these fractured sentences would bloom in the hearts of teenage romantics.
I’m awake, and I don’t want you to forget.
            Keep me around your finger. It’s so much better than feeling less than alive, than reading half-assed hormonal detective stories. You may find me less than steady, but I’m sure to smile anyway, if it puts you anymore at ease. I can hardly wiggle in the space between the time you breathe in and the moment you evaporate under my thumbs.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

And then take to the road Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger