Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Coldness of My Winter (10/23)


You know what's difficult? Keeping up with more contemporary musicians. I just found out yesterday that even though I'll be able to see Soundgarden and My Chemical Romance at Voodoo, I'll be missing The Raconteurs on Sunday. Oh woe is me.

I'm going to try to revise my most recent short story today. Shannon gave me the idea to upload pdf files of my work and watermark them so I'll be less paranoid about plagiarism when, in reality, I doubt there are people creeping about and just waiting for me to post my own work so as to steal it. Still, though, you never know.

Last night someone asked me if I was sober. Which I was. Which must say multitudes about my behavior.

In more relevant news I'm trying to keep up with what's going on in Turkey, as well as spread the word about Dr. Zhicheng whom I learned of from this lovely piece on deviantART. Do sign the petition and help the cause.

I know I said I'd be doing daily updates, but I feel like I should hold off throughout this week. This blog was intended to be about my writing, but I've been doing more prattling about my life more than anything. And even if you who reads this are not particularly bothered by such, I still need to figure out more ways of publicizing what I created this blog for.

Hopefully when I get started on this new book I've had in my head, I can post things like character profiles and sketches and previews. In fact I might post previews of short stories I've already written while I get this watermarking method figured out. 

That and more to be sorted out in my next installment. 

Have some Frank. New music video. So new, in fact, that I can't embed the video so you'll have to do with a link. Lovely song. Great album. Check it out.

Sometimes I feel like my life is one big Frank Turner plug. And if my header doesn't prove it, I don't know what does.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

And then take to the road Copyright © 2011 -- Template created by O Pregador -- Powered by Blogger